Thursday, June 18, 2009

Piano Snack


I just finished reading a play called The Harwich Piano. It is a play partially based on real events written by my friend Alex Johnson. I have a lot of questions that I want to ask him. It is a lovely and strange sort of play, with a lot of truth in its bones.

Once, I was toying with a title of a play I wrote. My choices were The Forgetting of Things and The Way It Always Will Be. I asked Alex which of the two he liked better, and he said, "Definitely the first one. The second sounds like the title of a Neil LaBute play."

Your challenge for the day: Overhear a phrase that sounds like a Neil LaBute play. Remember it. Tell it to me sometime. I've started collecting them, although I have no formal catalogue system yet; they are all over the place in this journal and that.

No comments: