Monday, June 22, 2009

Dream Snack


Last night, I had a dream:

A lot of my friends were nominated for Grammys: Neisler, Scoville, Ellie, etc. But the Grammy ceremony was shortened to 4 minutes because of budget constraints- one award per minute, and each award had like 20 nominees. I waited for my friends to return from the 4-minute Grammys in my bedroom, which was large and orange and one of the walls was windows that looked out into a shopping mall. Jeff Ward (??) was at the mall with a girl that I sat at C-Brass last night (table 26) and I invited them into my room, and we all did Kevin Khulke impressions. Mine was, "some singers are GOOOD. but some singers are BAAAD." Which in my dream made like everyone laugh but in real life is actually not something Kevin Khulke has ever said.

Then everyone comes back from the Grammys, and we're all of a sudden outside in someone's backyard facing the ocean. We are sitting at giant tables and there is a giant metal structure behind Amy and Scoville. Scoville won every Grammy, Neisler won one, and Ellie won two. Which means that more than one person could win a Grammy. These are exciting times.

A lot of my friends from home are sitting at the tables: Amy, Sunil, AJ, Cammie Pancakes, a bunch of girls from high school named Katie who, in my dream, sit in a clump all together and only talk about getting or being married. Amy's mom comes out of the house with Sharon Osbourne hair and a giant cake. We all cheer and change out of our Grammy dresses. Some guy in late 90s Oakleys mocks Bodega the cat for looking scared when she runs on two legs. The waves crash, the structure makes an afternoon shadow, the wind blows, I wake up.

No comments: