Monday, July 6, 2009

W[h]ine Snack



Ugh! I had to wake up at FIVE THIRTY this morning because I HAD to go to wait in line for tickets in Central Park for Twelfth Night. And I spent SIX HOURS reading a novel and the Sunday Times and eating a BaconEggAndCheese under a gigantic TREE. Ugh, and then I got some of the LAST tickets! Ugh, and then I had to WALK home through Central Park and all I saw were hilarious DUCKS and some young gentlemen STICKFIGHTING and and old man teaching his granddaughters how to FISH. And THEN I went home and made pasta and watched 30 ROCK and read more of this TOME that I started in the morning. And NOW I have to get READY for the SHOW, during which the imbibing of ALCOHOL from SELF-PREPARED PLASTIC BOTTLES is READILY AND HEARTILY CONDONED. UGH.

Woe is me and my awesome day.

PS:

"Elsewhere in the world may be blustering or sleeping, wars are fought, people live and die, some nations disintegrate, while others are born, soon to be swallowed up in turn--and in all this sound and fury, amidst eruptions and undertows, while the world goes its merry way, bursts into flames, tears itself apart and is reborn: human life continues to throb.

"So, let us drink a cup of tea."

-Muriel Barbery, The Elegance of the Hedgehog

No comments: