Thursday, July 23, 2009

War and Peace Snack



So I don't have work today, which is exciting because I also did not have work yesterday, which is exciting because I also did not have work Monday. Whoa! I'm spending my precious hours walking around outside, buying wine, seeing movies in parks, reading War and Peace, working on my research journal for a thing I'm writing, and eating delightful things.

These things include: shakes, shacks, snacks, hummus, carrots, cheese, cheese, cheese, crackers!, meats, meatballs, torts, tarts, cookies, couscous, corn, coffee.

We saw Harold and Maude on Monday. Tonight they're doing Paper Moon at Brooklyn Bridge, which is cool, but even more exciting is To Catch a Thief, which is one of my favorite movies of all time. That's next Thursday.

Right now I think I am going to watch A Room With a View which my father recommended to me yesterday after watching it with my mom:

"Our TV went out, the cable, so we've been dusting off our DVDs and watching those. A Room With a View, now there's something that was really most excellent. Helena Bonham Carter is nineteen or so, and she has so much hair, and it's puffed up like that early 1900s Edwardian, with the bonnet attached. And then there's Daniel Day-Lewis, who," he laughs, "in this movie? He's just a FOP. A giant FOP."

No comments: