Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Magical Real Snack

I owe a lot to this guy:



Without him, the kinds of things that I write would raise multitudes of skeptic-brows. I don't know much about him, though. There's a whole bunch of links to Marquez interviews and stuff that the Flavorpill people put in my inbox. I am very interested in these! I guess there is a new biography about him by Gerald Martin that just came out. I might pick it up and read it alongside Love in the Time of Cholera, which, like my mother, I still haven't finished.

Other things I have inherited from my mother:
parking skills (read: lack thereof)






Shelley told me about a Steinbeck journal that's half-journal and process notes and half Grapes of Wrath so you read the musings and the final product side-by-side. I am very interested in this also! I am normally a huge fan of really fat books, although I frickin hated Grapes of Frickin Wrath and pretty much everything else by Steinbeck in High School. I might give it another try.

You know what I will never try again? The Scarlet Fucking Letter.

No comments: