Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Snacking on NY Times Goat Quotes


The following quotes are some of the best I could find in one of the weirdest New York Times articles I've ever read, How I Learned to Love Goat Meat by Henry Alford.


"When New York Magazine proclaimed eating goat a 'trendlet' last summer, one reader whote on the magazine's website, 'Here are white people again!!!! Acting like they invented goat meat!' "
***
"I'd liked the flavor of the meat, equidistant as it was from lamb and beef. But when my teeth wrangled a particularly tough piece of meat that was shield-shaped and curved and slightly rubbery, I had the distinct impression that I had bitten into the cup of a tiny bra."
***
"Scavengers, they are falsely accused of eating tin cans. Their unappetizing visage is simultaneously dopey and satanic, like a Disney character with a terrible secret. Their chin hair is sometimes prodigious enough to carpet Montana. Chaucer said they 'stinken.' "
***
"...a friend asked me, 'Is it gay meat?" Confused, I said, 'There's nothing gay about it at all.' She explained, 'No, I said is it gamey?"
***
"In both dishes, the meat is as tender as a Jennifer Aniston movie."

fotografia courtesy of NYTimes.com

No comments: